Starting October 19th
Initially Teacher Training Programme (TTP) will be run combined with Foundation Programme (FP), studying Eight Steps to Happiness.
In addition to the regular classes, TTP students will also be able to take part in regular Teaching Skills classes, and attend the TTP retreats which will take place at various points through the year.
The progamme is available by correspondance for students who are unable to attend in-person due to disability or distance etc.
You are welcome to attend 2-3 classes free of charge to see if the programme is for you before committing.
Once we have suffient students to run seperate TTP and FP study programmes, we will study Great Treasury of Merit as the first book on TTP.
This will be in Truro, unless we have a physical centre elsewhere by this stage.
What is Teacher Training Programme?
The purpose of the Teacher Training Programme (TTP) is to provide an extensive presentation of Kadampa Buddhism to enable practitioners to deepen their knowledge and experience and to train as qualified Teachers of Modern Buddhism.
The programme comprises of studying the following books on Sutra and Tantra and by Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
- The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment, based on the commentary Joyful Path of Good Fortune
- Training the Mind, based on the commentaries Universal Compassion and The New Eight Steps to Happiness
- The Heart Sutra, based on the commentary The New Heart of Wisdom
- Guide to the Bodhisattva’s Way of Life, based on the commentary Meaningful to Behold
- Types of Mind, based on the commentary How to Understand the Mind
- Guide to the Middle Way, based on the commentary Ocean of Nectar
- Vajrayana Mahamudra, based on the commentary Clear Light of Bliss
- The Bodhisattva’s Moral Discipline, based on the commentary The Bodhisattva Vow
- Offering to the Spiritual Guide, based on the commentaries Great Treasury of Merit and Mahamudra Tantra
- Vajrayogini Tantra, based on the commentary The New Guide to Dakini Land
- Grounds and Paths of Secret Mantra, based on the commentary Tantric Grounds and Paths
- The Practice of Heruka Body Mandala, based on the commentary Essence of Vajrayana
Express an Interest
If you are interested in joining, please let us know via the email address below. This will help us to know when we have sufficient interest to start a group. All new students can attend a few sessions initially to try it out before committing to the study programme.